WP Select Monitor Index du Forum WP Select Monitor
Logiciel de monitoring et de diagnostic des véhicules Subaru
Monitoring and diagnosis software for Subaru cars

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Can someone please look at it?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    WP Select Monitor Index du Forum -> Analyse et comparaison de vos logs
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
tomasek

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 18, 2007 10:02 pm    Sujet du message: Can someone please look at it? Répondre en citant

Hello,

this is log from my 03' WRX.

Apexi exhaust without cats, decat up pipe, walbro fuel pump, stock TD04 , cold air intake, sti injectors, Ecutek software

I wonder why the turbo pressure is dropping as the rpm is rising, so the air flow remains almost the same... Does anyone know why this happens?

The log is on 3rd gear, full throttle from 3500 to 6600 rmp.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Data_log_3rdGear_test.csv
 Description:

Télécharger
 Nom du fichier:  Data_log_3rdGear_test.csv
 Taille du fichier:  17.33 Ko
 Téléchargé:  189 fois

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
frenchyyii
Administrateur - Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 19, 2007 6:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi, you seem to have a stock turbo on your WRX (TD04 if your model is european). Such a supercharger cannot maintain a big pressure at high RPM. Even if you try to overuse it, the flow will allways fall after 5500
It's quite normal and we can see it on your log.
So if your turbo doesn't charge after such a regime, your motor won't swallow more air (that's why the flow falls).

Also your mapper seems not to have chosen to maintain a big pressure after 5000, you have a quite big pressure until 5000 and then nothing notorious. He should have tried to maintain it a bit more, here it is more than safe.

Be careful, the pressure is an important point of interest but the Air Fuel Ratio and the Ignition Advances have to be optimized too !!!

A question from me now... why using such injors with your stock turbo ? Will you continue to upgrade your car ? Was it preventive ? 'cause you don't need it for the moment Wink

A probleme now, you should reset you ECU and control the MAI (IAM) because your one is stuck to 10 on 16.
There'a a way to help MAI rising up to 16, if you don't know it I can explain you.

If you can't understand something just ask Wink

Eric

Concerning the logs now...
Please now try to log from 2000 or 2500, we'll can take a look at your spool up phase.
Please, next log, try to use that format:
* no " as text separatory
* , as number separatory (on your it was Wink
* . as decimal separatory (on your it was ,)
Here is readable log with deltadash after i modified it

Data_log_3rdGear_test3.csv
 Description:

Télécharger
 Nom du fichier:  Data_log_3rdGear_test3.csv
 Taille du fichier:  23.31 Ko
 Téléchargé:  181 fois

tomasek

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 19, 2007 11:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you very much for your answer Eric.

Citation:
Hi, you seem to have a stock turbo on your WRX

Yes I have a stock turbo now.

Citation:
Also your mapper seems not to have chosen to maintain a big pressure after 5000, you have a quite big pressure until 5000 and then nothing notorious. He should have tried to maintain it a bit more, here it is more than safe.

Actually I don't know why he did it. I hope I will be able to speak with him soon about it.

Citation:
A question from me now... why using such injors with your stock turbo ? Will you continue to upgrade your car ? Was it preventive ? 'cause you don't need it for the moment

I will definitely upgrade my car sometime next year but I was told that the larger injectors will help also with the stock turbo. So do you think the larger turbo with remap will help the air flow?

Citation:
A probleme now, you should reset you ECU and control the MAI (IAM) because your one is stuck to 10 on 16.
There'a a way to help MAI rising up to 16, if you don't know it I can explain you.

Is MAI Multiple Advance Ignition? I really don't know what is it:) What do you mean "control the MAI"?

Also I had an idea if the low air flow could be caused by bad/dirty/plugged air filter which can't let through more air??

Thanks again for your help, I'm really interested in all this things:)

Tom[/quote]
tomasek

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 19, 2007 11:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
Please now try to log from 2000 or 2500, we'll can take a look at your spool up phase.

Ok, I will post the log here soon.
frenchyyii

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 20, 2007 1:02 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I'll try to answer everything (I didn't pratice English for a long time LOL)

Yes a bigger turbo will create more flow because it will be able to maintain a bigger pressure at high RPM and with better efficiency (colder intake air)
For example stock euro STI have a IHI VF35 mounted on, that supercharger is able to deliverate 280 g/s when used near from max.
The TD04 is only able of a big 250 and it blows hot at high RPM (less efficiency so)

If you want something reasonable a VF35 or better VF34 will be quite good as an upgrade for a WRX. Too much couple will damage your gearbox so keep cool on the pressure at low RPM. Wink

Your stock injectors were big enough for the TD04, it will be good till you join around 300 g/s

If you don't have it, you'll need to buy a high pressure and flow fuel pump (we usualy buy walbro 255L/h high pressure ones)

Concerning your air filter, everybody seems to agree that a stock one is ok (and does not damage your MAF) but keep it clean. For more than 350/400hp it's another problem.
Keep your MAF in good conditions too, it's more than important on our cars.

The MAI, yes it's the Multipe Advance Ignition. It gives us an idea concerning the knock the ECU detects.
In fact that's a purcentage of "maximum added advances" the ECU will allow to apply.
0 is 0% 16 is 100%. When the stock knock sensor detects to much knock, it automatically decreases the MAI as to concerve reasonable and non destructive advances.

When you'll reset, the MAI will begin at 8 (50% of the table will be applied). Then learnings will allow (or not) a rise.
But to save time you can speed up that rise. For that, just after the reset, begin driving without boost and with low throttle and RPM. Change quickly you gear untill the 4th one. When you are in 4th, you should be at low RPM then kick down continually and join high RPM. You should read 16 then. If not ...try again LOL
After, if the MAI can't stand at 16...there's a problem (too hard advances, a too poor fueling, or eventualy a metallic part vibrating that the knock sensor detects).

Dernière édition par frenchyyii le Jeu Déc 20, 2007 12:18 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail MSN Messenger
frenchyyii

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 20, 2007 1:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Something important too, don't keep your up pipe if it's the original one, buy a decat one Wink
tomasek

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 20, 2007 10:23 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thank you frenchyyii. I think your English is not worse than my:)

Citation:
If you don't have it, you'll need to buy a high pressure and flow fuel pump (we usualy buy walbro 255L/h high pressure ones)

Yes I already have a high pressure walbro pump.

Citation:
Keep your MAF in good conditions too, it's more than important on our cars.

I will check the filter as soon as possible if it's clean.

Citation:
When you'll reset, the MAI will begin at 8 (50% of the table will be applied). Then learnings will allow (or not) a rise.
But to save time you can speed up that rise. For that, just after the reset, begin driving without boost and with low throttle and RPM. Change quicky you gear untill the 4th one. When you are in 4th, you should be at low RPM then kick down continually and join high RPM. You should read 16 then. If not ...try again LOL

Thank you I will try it:)

Citation:
Something important too, don't keep your up pipe if it's the original one, buy a decat one Wink

I already have it too.

Thank you for now, I will post when I have some news:)
Eric_GTi-R

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 20, 2007 10:28 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Shocked il gere même en anglais le Frenchyyii Wink

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 20, 2007 10:34 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Non, la c'est un bot qui prend la main qd c'est en anglais Very Happy

--

No, it's a 'bot speaking, not Frenchyyii Very Happy
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
frenchyyii

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 20, 2007 12:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Foutez vous de moi Laughing
Le but etait que ce soit comprehensible mais en effet à me relire ce n'est pas tres litteraire Laughing Laughing

J'ai un putain de mal a trouver mes mots en ce moment, même en Francais. La fatigue je pense...
Bordel patron donnez moi une pause Arrow

SubGege

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 20, 2007 2:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

'tain Eric tu assures grave ! Cool Very Happy

Monitoring & Diagnostic des SUBARU
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
tomasek

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 20, 2007 9:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hope you are not fouling me guys cos I don't understand a word Very Happy
frenchyyii

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 20, 2007 11:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

No no don't worry, they make fun of me concerning my english Wink

I don't understand them either usually Laughing

substéph

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 21, 2007 10:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

@ frenchyyii
...félicitations pour ton anglais et pour les conseils et explications...on en apprend tous les jours avec toi

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    WP Select Monitor Index du Forum -> Analyse et comparaison de vos logs Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: